Monday, May 19, 2008

Resting on the Sabbath



Exodus 20:8-10 "Remember to dedicate the Sabbath day: You are to labor six days and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God - you must not do any work"
Cambry is learning the 10 commandments this week in school. After we read that commandment, she asked if we were still supposed to not work on the Sabbath day and she asked what would happen if we did. Well, I don't have all the answers, but I do think that God still, in 2008, wants us to rest one day a week, and I think if we do that that we will get more accomplished in the six days of work than we would in seven! I don't know what would happen if we did work all the time, but I do know that God knew we would need to rest and I think if we don't that he will make sure we do!
Anyhow, here we are RESTING on Sunday after church and after working really hard for six days - packing cleaning, etc. etc. It's kinda funny, b/c Bryan had asked me if I was going to take a nap, and I said no, I had too much to do, but then Zakry would not let me rock him to sleep, nor would he just lay down and go to sleep on his own. So, I laid down with him (for just a minute - I said to myself) and he and I both ended up falling fast asleep. Cuddled with my two boys - I slept very peacefully! When Bryan woke up and saw- he captured the moment for me! We ended up laying on the couch the rest of the day and not doing ANYTHING!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, YOU need to call my boss and inform him that I need to rest every Sunday.....please. I would appreciate it.
I love the pictures of you and the boys sleeping. Naps are great....especially with those two, I'm sure.