Sunday, June 8, 2008

10 YEARS !!!!!

Bryan and I celebrated our 10th anniversary Friday!!! I can't believe its been 10 years! I remember thinking on the day of our wedding what it was going to be like after being married for 10 years!!! I won't comment on that today!!!  (JK) Really it hasn't been the easiest, but its been worth it. I love my husband very much!! I can't wait to see what God has planned for us for many many more years!
Bryan sent me flowers - they are so beautiful and I was so excited to get flowers! 10 yellow roses mixed with daisies!!!! So pretty!!! Cambry got to answer the door and take them and sign for them, because I was changing a very very poopy diaper - so she felt really important about getting to do that! 
Friday night Stephanie so generously offered to watch all of our kids (I've discovered it's a really big deal when you have more than two kids and someone wants to watch all of them for you!) so anyway, we went out by ourselves for the first time since Zakry. We didn't do anything grand - just dinner and walked around the mall - oh and we went to buy me a case for my camera - but it was so nice to just be with my husband and have dinner by ourselves!  I thought I might be worried about Zak being it was the first time he stayed with anyone and the first time he would need to have a bottle, but I don't think I really even thought about it while we were out  - probably b/c he was with his Aunt Sissy so I knew he was in the best of hands! He did fine - he wouldn't take a bottle, but they did great with him! 
Saturday, we had pizza and had an anniversary celebration with the kids and Cameron, Steph and the girls. It was very enjoyable! I tried to make a cake! I have never made a decorated cake before and I don't know that I want to ever again. I tried to do a marshmallow foundant icing (it was sooooo good on a cake I once had at a shower - that someone else made!) Anyway, I learned afterwards that I didn't add enough powdered sugar! So the cake did not turn out to be the prettiest cake ever - okay - it was just plain ugly, but it tasted okay! Here's pictures!!!
Bryan also had a little incident with Campy this weekend, he was taking the dogs to the ranch with him. They were in the back of the truck and he passed some horses that were tied to a fence and Campy jumped out of the truck. Bryan stopped, got out and picked her up. She was yelping and peeing and pooping all over Bryan and bleeding from her head, so he thought she was had broken her back. He was in tears and called the vet to take her in - he thought he would have to have her put down. He was about to get back in the truck with her when she suddenly jumped out of his arms to run after a cat!!! She is fine - she was moving a little slow the next day, but she is fine!!! I definitely said "Thank You" to God for that close call b/c we would have had a heart broken little boy if anything would have happened to his puppy!
Here are some pictures of Bryan swimming with the kids in our little pool!!!



Oh---- Cambry wanted me to post this --- these are her words-----

"What is different about me?"

answer: she got her hair cut

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I enjoyed having them here SO much! I wanted to hold and cuddle Zak the whole time! He is so fluffy and sweet and just precious. And the gilrs thought it was the best thing ever to have Caden and Cambry with them all night!!

Jaymie Marie said...

Congrats! 10 years is awesome! We miss you guys. Hope all is well. And glad you had a great date with your hubby!

G-G said...

i miss yall so so so so so. much i'm haveing a lot of fun. has Caden been haveing fun? i hope he is . is zakry laphing a lot. i now i'v been. call me when are house is done plese . i love yall.

G-G said...

i miss yall so so so so so. much i'm haveing a lot of fun. has Caden been haveing fun? i hope he is . is zakry laphing a lot. i now i'v been. call me when are house is done plese . i love yall.