Monday, June 2, 2008

Lots of Pictures and Updates


I LOVE MY DADDY AND MY DADDY LOVES ME

Well, I know I haven't written in awhile! We've been SUPER busy finishing school, showing our house, working on our other house, and lots of other stuff!!! So I'll try to update as much as I can!
The first really really exciting thing is that Cambry has finished  2cnd grade!!!!!!!!!! She did a wonderful job this year and worked super hard! Bryan and I are so very proud of her!!! For those of you who don't know, I homeschool her, so I was extra excited that we were done with this school year too!!! I seriously felt like I just completed a JOB, which I guess in all reality I did. Anyway, we absolutely LOVE homeschooling and I couldn't imagine doing anything else! It is A LOT of hard work and dedication though and by the end of the school year, I am just tired and worn out! So now, I am excited that we have a break!!! And next year we will have a new school room to have school in - we are really excited about that too!!!
To finish off the school year, we went to a pool party! All the homeschoolers get together and have an end of the year pool party at Brown's Pool, so we went and it was lots of fun! We will definately be going back to Brown's this summer!!!!
The same day, my sisters and I also had a garage sale (we started at 6:00 am) so, the pool party was a great way to end the day! After the pool party, Bryan and I took the kids to Mr. Gatti's (we haven't been there in about 2 years) to reward Cambry for finishing school and doing so well!! It was GROSE - we will never eat there again!!!

A FEW OTHER HAPPENINGS:
We purchased a dozen baby chicks to take to our new farm house! We kept them in a box for a few days, then one day we all went to  our new home and we all worked together to make a chicken coop for the chicks! We put them in their coop (which has a secure door with a latch) and went home (to San Angelo). The next morning,  Bryan went to our farm house to work and all the chicks were gone. A racoon pulled all 12 of them through the small holes of the chicken wire on the coop. So here are some pictures of the very cute, but deceased baby chicks that we had for a total of 4 days. 
Since then, we have purchased some more chicks and a few live traps to catch the coons. Bryan also put the chicks higher up on some stilt things! Bryan has caught three coons since and today he killed a rattlesnake!!!! CAN'T YOU TELL  -  I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT LIVING ON THE FARM!!!!!!! 
Here are a few pictures of our new home on the farm! Bryan has really done a lot of work on it already, but we still have a long way to go! I'm so proud of him - he has done a great job with everything! I think it is really special when I take the kids out there and we all get to help! The finished product will be a great reward after all of our hard work. Plus we are making some great memories and learning very important life lessons!
Front of house
Front of house after front porch was added

This is view is from the front door looking into the
front room and the dinning room
Same view, but this is after Bryan changed the "walls" up
The entry for the dinning room is open now
Caden helping clean up the trash in his room
Fireplace that Bryan built

Turning the garage into a master bedroom

On a different note, the kids are all doing great  - not really enjoying the HOT weather, but we did have fun doing NOTHING today!!! Well, actually they had lots of fun playing with their sweet cousins - Gracie, Faith, and Ellie! I think they spent the whole day in the little kiddie pool we set up! Zakry is growing like crazy still! He is such a happy and content baby! He goes to sleep when he's tired without a fuss and is perfectly happy rolling around on the floor by himself! He can pretty much scoot or roll anywhere he wants and he is trying to sit up. It is kinda funny though! I didn't have one of those Bumbo chairs with my other two, so I was so excited to get to use one with this baby! They are supposed to help baby learn to sit and I borrowed the one my sister had, so I didn't have to buy one, but Zakry only fit in it for awhile! His little knees and thighs are way too big now and he gets stuck in it!!! Most babies fit in it for quiet awhile!
Here is a picture when Zakry fit into the Bumbo chair and now!!!
Zakry also  turned 5 months old this week and he has found his THUMB!!!! So I now have 2 thumb suckers! I blame my dear sister who sucked her thumb for years and she has now passed her habit to MY children (her children don't suck their thumbs though!!!) I decided long ago though not to worry with this habit - it is just a molehill that they will outgrow on their own one day! It's a lot easier if I only try to conquer the mountains with them!
Also, here are some pictures of us swimming! James and Janie Thomas were so kind to let us swim at their house! We had tons of FUN!

FEARLESS ELLIE


To be continued!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

The house looks so good!! I haven't been out there since y'all bought it. WOW. That porch is going to be awesome!

Jennifer said...

Wow, lots of stuff going on! I like that top pic of Bryan and Zak. Cute! I'm sure you can't wait to get into your new house. I want to see pics when you get all moved in. That's too bad about the chicks! They're hard to keep around when they are little. Hope you're having a great summer!

Jaymie Marie said...

I love the house! Can't wait to see it done.