Sunday, June 29, 2008

1/2 a year ALREADY!!!!



I can't believe my baby is 6 months old already! I am so very eternally thankful that God has blessed us with such a precious little man. He is so content and happy. He goes to sleep on his own, sleeps all night, takes 3 naps a day, and wakes up with a smile big enough to melt your heart and make all your worries disappear. And to top it all off - he is ADORABLE!  I wish time would go a little slower though. I don't want him to grow up. I sometimes loose track of time just watching him and I can almost see him growing right before my eyes!!!  He is such a "perfect" baby that Bryan even stated that Zakry almost makes him want to have another baby!!! (I'm sure he had just taken his happy pill or something!) Anyway, it makes me cringe to think how close we were to being "done" having children - to just closing the door on this blessing that God was waiting for us to accept from Him!! God is so good!!!

I am also so blessed and thankful that I have the opportunity to stay home with my babies! I would just not do very well if I had to work!! Time goes by so fast and there are so many moments I would miss - it would just break my heart!!! God is so good to loan me such precious children and a wonderful husband!  Is it just me or does your heart ever feel like it might explode from the blessings and love being poured in?  

Here are some pictures of our "Little Chunk"! By the way, he did only gain  1 lb. in two months  - he now weighs 20 lbs.!!! I thought we might have to change car seats already (the infant one is only for up to 22 lbs.) but we have 2 more lbs. to go!!! He is eating cereal and fruit now and I've started making the vegetable baby food and freezing it, so he will soon be introduced to veggies! I'll let you know how that goes!

Caden was eating an apple and I decided to let Zak  suck on a piece of it! He loved it! I was eating a peach a few days after that and he attacked the peach, claimed it as his own, and absolutely would not share with me anymore! Note to any GRANDMA'S reading this: this does not mean he can have table food (especially french fries) LOL!! - only fruits and veggies!



He also started sitting on his 6 month birthday!





3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Zak sure is a cutie! I know what you mean about your babies growing up too quickly! I agree 100%! Enjoy them all you can WHILE you can!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

I think everyone's babies grow up faster because I never get to see it happen!

Thanks for posting about God's blessings...I think you're right. Sometimes, it's hard to imagine I am where I am today. It's all from upstairs! How lucky we are!

Shawna said...

What cuties! You are truly blessed. Thanks for sharing.