Saturday, March 9, 2013

BABY!!! A new addition to the family!!

February 21, 2013

A couple weeks ago, a very sweet family blessed us with a pregnant cow. I cannot even say how abundantly blessed we were to be given this cow. 

This sweet family had also been blessing us for a few months now with raw cow milk. We have been thoroughly enjoying it and have seen changes in our health because of the benefits of the raw cow milk.  I'll share one testimony to that - Seth has shown signs of being lactose intolerant. We first noticed it when he had a yogurt rice bar -he was about 9 months old and he broke out in a rash all over his body. A couple weeks later we gave him some organic baby yogurt and he again broke out in a rash and vomited. When he turned one - I started trying to give him milk to slowly start weening him. He reacted the same to the milk. About that time, we were blessed with raw cow milk. When I gave some to Seth, he had no reaction. A few times when we did not have any cow milk, I tried to give him the store bought milk mostly because I wanted to see if he would still react since he was older and see if the different milks made him react differently. He still broke out in a full body rash with the store milk and had no reaction to raw milk!!! 

We named our cow Bella and on February 21, 2013 - two days after Caden's birthday, she had her baby!! It was funny, because this morning, I could tell she was in labor, but since I don't know much about cows, I had no idea what I should do. We had a pretty busy day planned - in town - coop and other things and we were not going to be able to be home until after dark. I wasn't sure if I should leave to go to town or if we should have cancelled everything and stayed home. After a few texts to different people - I was assured that Bella would be just fine and she would take care of everything and have her baby on her own. And that is just what happened - We got home and we had a new baby cow - 
The cutest I've ever seen!! :))





No comments: