Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy Blessed Birthday Caden Glenn Dorman!

February 19, 2013

We celebrated 9 years with our firstborn son today!! Not sure where the time has gone - this birthday made my heart ache a little. It seemed to scream - my little boy is quickly turning into a young man. Oh how I wish I could freeze time and hold my babies close. I am so not very good at letting them go. I am so very thankful though that God has allowed me and given me this great privilege to bring up these sweet blessings.

Caden is a very sweet, loving boy. I am so proud of the young man that he is becoming. He never forgets to let me know that he loves me. Several times a day he comes up to me and gives me a big hug and says "I love you momma!" He also does this with his daddy and brothers and sister. A lot of times the I love you's seem to come randomly and out of no where - but those are the best kind because I know they are really coming from his heart.
He is an early riser and will often get up before anyone else and read his Bible and get started on his school work. There have been days that he has read his Bible and finished his math and spelling before Bryan and I are even up - and we get up pretty early too. During the day when Daddy is working, Caden really steps up to take care of us and  the home- usually without being asked or told. On cold days, he will start a fire early in the morning and he does a great job of keeping the fire going.  If wood needs to be chopped or stacked, he is always right on top of it with a smile on his face. When it is very cold or has snowed or rained, he will let Cambry know that he will take care of feeding the animals so she doesn't have to go outside. It amazes me the way he becomes a little Daddy during the day and how he does it with a happy heart and no one even asked him or told him to do it. He is also very smart. He sometimes gets a little sidetracked - like when it is "a good fishing day" or " a good hunting day" and then has a hard time concentrating on his work, but overall he makes very good grades. Caden loves to fish and hunt. He also mostly loves hanging out with his Daddy and helping his Daddy. No job is ever to big for Caden.

Caden has not asked for anything for his birthday for several years. His only requests are to go to the rodeo (since this event happens during the week of his birthday) and to have chocolate chip cookies and pizza. When he was smaller, he also only wanted to do the Muttin' Bustin' in the rodeo. When asked what he wants - he says "I don't know. I have everything I want." This year was no different. We don't keep asking him and he never says, so we just get him what we think and he always loves it no matter what! 
Cambry got him a new "Daddy" wallet. He is very proud of it and she was just as excited as him to give it to him.


A year ago, Bryan got a really good deal on a Ruger 10/22. He decided he wanted to fix it up and give it to Caden on his next birthday. So for a year, we have been hiding it, and for several months Bryan has been working on cleaning and redoing this gun. Bryan gets very excited about giving gifts and does not keep secrets very well, so I am very surprised that this gift was kept a secret for so long. I am also so proud of my husband for making this gun beautiful and so special for our son. Caden was beyond excited - so much that he was crying tears of joy :))








And Zakry colored Caden pictures. Zakry worked very hard on the pictures for most of the day for his big brother. Caden smiled so big and showed genuine excitement for the gift from his brother.
I love that Caden did not even expect gifts for his birthday and that he appreciates whatever he is given. There have been a couple years that his gift was very small- including monetarily - and even those years he was just as excited and appreciative as when he has gotten a big gift. 
He is truly a gift from God to us!


I love that Bryan and the boys call each other "best friends"


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This made me cry. I miss you. I miss HIM. I miss all of you!! We love y'all!!